More Crappie Nights

I think this week we all realized with the temperatures hovering at 100 degrees that summer is right around the corner.  But before we officially turn the corner I wanted to make sure and take advantage of some of the pre and post spawn crappie action.  

My brother Josh did a number on the crappie two weekends ago right before the wind and rain moved in around 1am.

Then this past weekend I headed back out with a few buddies for one last go at 'em.  The fishing was a little slower this time but around 3am it picked up and went strong until after the sun came up and we decided it was time to get some sleep.  I did manage two nice slabs as the sun was starting to peak over the mountain tops.


This will probably wrap up my Spring fishing for the year as it is time to gear up for the turkey hunts Ron and  I have going over the next two weeks.  Which will be followed by some archery shoots and a LOT of scouting for the elk hunts in the Fall.  Going to be a busy summer! 

Comments

Popular Posts