The Mexico Experience

Couple weeks ago I got to head south of the border and hunt Coues in Mexico with a really great group of hunters.  From start to finish it was one of the most fun I have had on a hunt that I can remember.  The hardest thing for me to do was not pull the trigger on every buck that I saw!  Thankfully Houston was with me to try and calm me down and keep me from ending the experience too soon.  But by day 4 I had enough and ended up punching my tag with a great buck.  If fact, I had seen this buck twice before and one of those was with him bedded at 138 yards...


A day later I glassed him up again chasing a hot doe and I finally hit my threshold and had to move in finish the deal.  He is named the Fish Hook buck due to his left eye guard that dips and hooks back up.  He also has a cool acorn looking knob on his right G3.  Ended up taping just over 101"






My buck was a very good buck but the rest of the guys on the trip ended up killing some great bucks! There ended up being a 106", 110", 112" and 116" in our camp....just awesome!



All I know is that I can't wait to get back there next year and do it all over again.  Big thanks to Clay of Mogollon Taxidermy for organizing the trip and making sure all of our paperwork was in order making border crossing easy.

Comments

Popular Posts